2020 Spring Break Top Ten!
Spring Break brings a wonderful opportunity to enjoy quality family time together. Re-energize those weary winter batteries and have some fun. We have put together our best suggestions to make this Spring Break the best ever!
- MUSEUM MANIA. Visit this city's fabulous museums for daily adventures and activities during Spring Break. Check out the amazing activities for the whole family at the MANITOBA MUSEUM and take in a family show at the planetarium or explore hands-on fun in the Science Gallery. Check out their Festival of Fun, March 28-April 5;
THE CHILDREN'S MUSEUM hosts Spring Break day camps and programs daily featuring theme-based crafts, activities, special guests and more! Register for day camp or just drop in for fun;
Energize Your Inner Scientist at the ELECTRICAL MUSEUM AT 680 Harrow Street. A giant green dinosaur, known as Electrosaurus will greet you at the entrance with Power Smart messages in his prehistoric footprints. Your tour guide will take you on a journey through inter- active exhibits and get you thinking about just how much we depend on electricity today.
- THE LIBRARY is filled with adventure after adventure for every member of the family. Call your local branch or go online for their special Spring Break activities. Magazines, DVD's, e-books and more are available to check out with your FREE library card.
- LIVE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT. MTYP presents Beep, March 20-29 for ages 3-7. Beep's crash landing in Mort's village disrupts both breakfast and the comfortably predictable life the villagers lead. Yet, when Beep's power source starts to drain, it will be up to Mort and the villagers to help her;
- Head to THE FORKS for the Children's Festival's FESTIVAL OF FOOLS, March 28-April 5 in the Forks Market. It's is a free family festival featuring the very best international variety artists, acrobats, jugglers, and magicians. The event is produced by The Winnipeg International Festival to provide the very best in family entertainment during the school spring break. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner then take a walk along the river walk if it's not flooded;
- Experience an EARLY SUMMER at your local indoor swimming pool. The Rady Jewish Community Centre at 123 Doncaster now has a water slide but call to find out what times it is open for use. radyjcc.com . Pan Am Pool at 25 Poseiden has a terrific toddler area. Elmwood/Kildonan pool has an exciting waterslide for older kids to wear themselves out. Even parents can get in on the fun...if their kids let them.
- ROAD TRIP. Take a drive outside of Winnipeg to the Carman, Gimli, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie or any other one-day road trips and check out what rural living has to offer. Shop in local shops and eat at local restaurants. It's a mini vacation and a great way to spend time together.
- GET ARTS AND CRAFTSY! The Winnipeg Art Gallery hosts Family MakerLab on March 31st. Create Rainbow Sun Catchers for Spring Break,1-3 pm;
- Visit ASSINIBOINE PARK and the ZOO. So many new exhibits and new animals. If there is still snow, enjoy the toboggan runs, visit the Polar Bears and friends in their beautiful home in Journey to Churchill and then enjoy lunch at the Qualico Family Centre Park Cafe.
- INDOOR FUN. Help the kids make a movie or put on a play or puppet show! Kids love a project so get them started with the idea and foster their creativity to see it through to showtime! It could be a week-long project. Invite friends and family for the show and have popcorn and snacks for the big event.
- Plan a DO-NOTHING Family Day! Stay in your pajamas, play board games, read books, watch videos, order pizza and just hang out together all day long. No cooking, cleaning, driving, homework etc. Dedicate the time to being together as a family.
2020 Spring Break Top Ten!
Looking for Spring Break Day Camp Programs?
Family Fun Creates Memories and Develops Speech and Language
Summer Camp Superguide 2020
Camp Visits - Making the Most of the Interview
Immunity-Boosting Tips for a Healthier Winter
Appropriate Media Exposure for Our Children
Safe and Sound
To the top