Spring Break 2018 - Top 10
Spring Break brings a wonderful opportunity to enjoy quality family time together. Re-energize those weary winter batteries and have some fun. We have put together our best suggestions to make this Spring Break the best ever!
- MUSEUM MANIA: Visit this city's fabulous museums for daily adventures and activities during Spring Break.
Check out the amazing activities for the whole family at the MANITOBA MUSEUM ...take in a family show at the planetarium or explore hands-on fun in the Science Gallery. You won't want to miss a special exhibit exploring the science of small. Learn about seeds and cells, tiny cars and stars!
Check out the day camp and daily activities at the MANITOBA CHILDREN'S MUSEUM: Become a Castle Builder - start designing, creating, and building this spring break. Grab a construction hat and join us daily from 11:00AM - 3:00PM for fun interactive building activities, special guests, crafts, and more!;
The CANADIAN MUSEUM for HUMAN RIGHTS offers a line up of spring break activities for kids of all ages.
Energize Your Inner Scientist at the ELECTRICAL MUSEUM AT 680 Harrow Street. A giant green dinosaur, known as Electrosaurus will greet you at the entrance with Power Smart messages in his prehistoric footprints. Your tour guide will take you on a journey through inter-active exhibits and get you thinking about just how much we depend on electricity today.
- THE LIBRARY is filled with adventure after adventure for every member of the family. Call your local branch or go online for their special Spring Break activities. Magazines, DVD's, e-books and more are available to check out with your FREE library card. Check out the ad in this issue for all the fun!
- LIVE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT:
MTYP presents Tetris for children TETRIS for children 5-12 March 23 - 31 for Ages 5-12. Inspired by the game Tetris, this extremely physical dance quartet explores how we connect with one another, building a private language to communicate where the audience is invited to play along.
WSO Concerts for Kids presents Al Simmons Symphonic Shenanigans on Sunday, April 8. JUNO Award-winner Al Simmons leads action-packed sing-a-longs and pits his bizarre, homemade instruments against the string, woodwind, brass, and percussion sections of the WSO. He manages to coax music out of tin cans, soda straws, garden hoses, turkey basters and doorstoppers. In the slapstick...Kid's activities at 1:00, Concert at 2:00;
The Children's Museum hosts March 28;
- Head to THE FORKS for the Children's Festival's FESTIVAL OF FOOLS, March 25 to March 31, The Forks Market. Tons of entertainers performing for free all week; Then take a walk on the river trail (on sidewalk not river) if it's not flooded;
- Experience an EARLY SUMMER at your local indoor swimming pool. The Rady Jewish Conmmunity Centre at 123 Doncaster now has a water slide but call to find out what times it is open for use. Pan Am Pool at 25 Poseiden has a terrific toddler area. Elmwood/ Kildonan pool has an exciting waterslide for older kids to wear themselves out. Even parents can get in on the fun...if their kids let them.
- ROAD TRIP. Take a drive outside of Winnipeg to the Carman, Gimli, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie or any other one day road trips and check out what rural living has to offer. Shop in local shops and eat at local restaurants. It's a mini vacation and a great way to spend time together.
- GET ARTS AND CRAFTSY! The Winnipeg Art Gallery hosts two DIY Family Fusion events, March 26, 1-3pm featuring a Spaceships & Dinosaurs theme and March 28, 1-3pm featuring an Easy Peasy Beading theme. Come create something together!
- Visit ASSINIBOINE PARK and the ZOO. So many new exhibits and new animals. If there is still snow, enjoy the toboggan runs, visit Hudson the Polar Bear and friends in his beautiful home in Journey to Churchill and much more and then enjoy lunch at the beautiful Qualico Family Centre Park Cafe.
- INDOOR FUN. Help the kids make a movie or put on a play or puppet show! Kids love a project so get them started with the idea and foster their creativity to see it through to showtime! It could be a week-long project. Invite friends and family for the show and have popcorn and snacks for the big event.
- Plan a DO-NOTHING Family Day! Stay in your pajamas, play board games, read books, watch videos, order pizza and just hang out together all-day long. No cooking, cleaning, driving, homework etc. Dedicate the time to being together as a family.
Spring Break 2018 - Top 10
Summer Camp Superguide 2018
Healthy Schoolwork Habits Begin at Home
Early Intervention: Does it make a difference?
To the top